This Women’s Day, let’s redefine beauty with Dove’s Real Beauty Pledge!
Here’s more about a fresh perspective by Dove on women’s beauty that promises to create a world where beauty brings confidence, not anxiety.
Since 1957, Dove has cared for women and celebrated their beauty. Now, as it completes 60 years, Dove takes another big step to commemorate this landmark with Dove Real Beauty Pledge.
Dove Real Beauty Pledge Campaign
The Real Beauty Pledge promises its commitment to the real beauty and women around the world with three vows…
- We always feature real women, never models.
- We portray women as they are in real life.
- We help girl build body confidence and stay healthy.
To mark the launch of the Dove Real Beauty Pledge, Dove has worked with renowned photographer Mario Testino to photograph a series of portraits of 30 real women from across the world. Three Indian women to feature in the series are Vaishali, a business consultant and Girl Guides, Samiksha and Rupashi.
What do Indian women think about beauty?
According to the Dove Global Beauty and Confidence Report, 2016 - 71% women and 86 % girls in India are proud to be a female and embrace it while 67% of women and 64% of girls wish that the media did a better job of portraying women of diverse physical appearance in terms of race, age, shape and size.
Ladies, here are a few things that make for a ‘Real Beauty’…
1. Confidence: Is there anything more beautiful than a confident woman who knows where she stands and what is her worth? Stand up for yourself, ladies.
2. Smile: -Gorgeous smile that reaches the eyes undoubtedly makes for real beauty in a woman. So ladies, switch on that million dollar smile and spread cheer across the world.
3. Talent: Take center stage and conquer the world with your multitude of talent.
4. Spirit: The pretty Maya Angelou has said, ‘A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretenses, and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.’ You can’t deny that, can you?
Ladies, this Women’s Day, pledge to stay beautiful and real.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com