Tamil actor Vivek loses 13-year-old son to dengue fever
The boy was in critical condition and was hospitalised for more than a month
Popular Tamil actor Vivek lost his 13-year-old son to dengue and brain fever in Chennai on Thursday. Prasanna Kumar was undergoing treatment for more than a month, the Times Of India reported.
Throughout his hospitalisation, the boy was kept on and off ventilator. However, his condition worsened and he succumbed to the illness.
Dengue is a deadly disease, however there are ways in which you can protect your family from it.
- Keep your house clean, dry and hygienic
- Dress your child in long sleeved tops and full-length trousers for minimal skin exposure
- Make your child wear light-coloured clothes (dark colours attract mosquitoes)
- Use a mosquito net while you sleep
- Throw away wet garbage such as vegetable stalks, fruits peels etc., regularly
- Clean out any flower pots and throw out dead plants
Would you want to share more ideas on dengue fever? Please share in the Comment box below.