Say no to excuses: 4 super simple exercises to do during your evening chai break
Add these quick-fire exercises to your daily routine to be fit and fab.
Moms, enough of the excuses that we don’t have enough time to exercise and stay fit. I know we are all guilty of doing this sometime or the other, and trying to tell ourselves that we will definitely do the exercise, pakka, kal se.
If you have enough time in the day to sit and enjoy a cup of chai at home in the evening or day, or take a small break at work, then trust me, you have enough time to exercise.
Try adding these quick-fire exercise steps to your daily routine, and just about a 5 to 10 minute of exercise schedule will also give you some results, as compared to not doing it at all.
So let’s begin?
1. Push the ceiling:
- Stand in one place and take two water bottles in each hand for some weight (you can dumbbells too if you wish).
- Start doing a marching step on the spot.
- Raise both hands towards the ceiling and bring back the hands to the shoulder, and push up again.
- Do at least 20 times.
2. Knee push-ups while sitting:
- You can actually do a knee push up even while you are sitting on a chair, typing up that report at work or enjoying your tea and biscuits.
- Sit straight and place your feet on the ground some distance apart.
- Starting with one knee, push it up with some force towards your stomach, immediately place down and push up the other knee.
- Keep repeating for at least 30 to 40 times.
3. Chair squat:
- This is the best way to do a squat at work, and also for those of you who are still not comfortable with balancing and want to try out squats for the first time.
- Position the chair and stand in front, with the chair at your back.
- Keep feet slightly apart.
- Try to extend your hips a little to the back and touch down on the chair.
- Do not sit down completely, but touch and get back up straight.
- You can place your hands on the front to maintain balance.
4. Leg stretch and tone:
- Sit on the chair and extend both legs to the front.
- Place one foot over the other and try to put that leg down.
- Resist with the other leg and try to hold the position, even as you try to push it down.
- Continue till you feel an ache in your muscles.
- Change the legs and repeat.
Honestly, there are many different exercises and easy workout methods you can find out that you can do at home or even in the office. For today, let’s try these for a week.
Even if this may not make you lose weight, it will surely make you feel fitter and improve your stamina. So don’t forget to let us know if you tried and if yes, did you feel any good?