Are you stressed? Here’s why drinking 'adrak waali chai' can help
If you are looking to reduce stress and its side effects, including ginger in your daily cup of drink could be a good answer.
For years now, we Indians have been drinking that one hot cup of chai in the morning, without which our day just does not seem to start the right way. I don’t know about you, but I need a steaming hot big mug of strong adrak wali chai every day, before I get down to work.
Like me, if you too share a love for the classic cup of ginger tea, then here is some more good news that will make you love your chai ka cup more.
In our busy everyday lives, stress and anxiety have become a very common occurrence which affects a lot of us. However, if you are looking to get some relief from these, and also reduce the side effects that happen as a result of stress and anxiety, including ginger in your daily cup of drink could be a good answer.
Ginger is very effective in reducing the feeling of nausea and indigestion, which are often some of the first signs that you are stressed. It is particularly good for your digestive system. How many times have you felt upset, worried, stressed or anxious, and also felt that rumbling feeling in your system?
Well, ginger can actually help to settle down your stomach and make you feel more at ease.
Ginger contains an antioxidant known as gingerol, which can help to remove the harmful chemicals that are produced by your body when you start getting stressed or are suffering from anxiety.
In fact, it also has a very positive effect on your overall mood, and even inhaling its aroma through steam can help to make you feel less stressed and calmer.
- Planning a road trip with your kids but are worried about motion sickness
- Pregnant and regularly suffer from morning sickness or nausea
- Getting ready for an important work or meeting and are feeling stressed or anxious
- About to get on a flight and are not sure your stomach feels very well
In addition to reducing your stress and anxiety and uplifting your mood, having ginger can also help you in the following ways:
- Reduces acidity and heartburn
- Eases aches and pains as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps in digestion
- Is good for relieving headache and even migraine pains
- Helps to prevent against cold and cough and reduce the same
- Eases sore throat and throat pain
If you don't want to have the regular ginger tea, you can also have it in the following way:
- Boil water and grate ginger into it.
- Let it boil for another five minutes or so.
- Add a few pudina leaves if you want.
- Get it off the heat, add honey (optional) and a slice of lemon.
This ginger lemon tea is a great way to get all the benefits of ginger, and tastes great too! And did I tell you, this is also great if you are planning to lose weight and stay fit.