5 Skincare tips to look extra gorgeous this festive season
Right now, even as you are reading this, try and take a day off for your skin to give it a break from too many products.
If you haven’t felt it already, the festive season is upon us, and most of us are busy managing the home, while also looking our gorgeous self!
Yes mommies, it’s time to give yourself that beautiful smile in the mirror and tell yourself that you look gorgeous – OF COURSE YOU DO!
Of course, it’s fun to get ready for the tyohaars and to wear the many makeup looks we all love to try out to look our very best. But the one thing that you also need to remember while we are showing our gorgeous face to the world is to give our skin some much-needed love and care.
So right now, even as you are reading this, try and take a day off for your skin to give it a break from too many products.
The trick is to let your skin breathe easy in between the really special days, so that it glows with its natural beauty and adds more glamour to your look.
Ready to try out these effective and super easy skin care tips? Take a look.
1. Avoid using hot water: If you love taking a hot shower and scrub your face with hot water, stop it right now. Hot water removes the natural oils from your skin and can make it look and feel dry. This means that your makeup may end up looking cakey! Use lukewarm or cool water instead.
2. Leave out the soap: As our skin gets older, it is best to avoid using soap based cleansers on the face as this can also promote dryness. Instead, use a non-soap cleanser that will be gentle on your skin and will also remove the dirt and any other signs of pollution.
3. Read the label: To find out if your skin care products contain more chemicals or more natural ingredients. Avoid chemical based products as much as possible, even if they are from the best and biggest of brands.
You will be surprised at how some very simple and small brands have really amazing products that are all organic and natural. And not to forget they are really budget friendly too!
4. Apply a home face mask: Who says you have to spend hours in the parlour to look good even if you don’t have that much time on hand? You can easily apply a home face mask according to your skin type that will give you similar results.
If you have dry skin, you can simply massage your face with a tiny drop of ghee. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and wash off. If you have oily skin, grind rice to a fine or coarse powder, make a paste with rose water and apply. Leave for 20 minutes and wash off.
5. Reduce the amount of products: And this is not just during the festive season but on a regular basis. Unless you are really going out for a big event or have an important meeting to attend, try keeping your use of products to a minimum.
This includes makeup as well as skincare products. Honestly, your skin does not need too much to look good, and the more you let it stay natural, the more it will be able to breath and get healthy.
Mommies, that’s all for now and I am sure you are going to try out at least one of this. And yes, remember I am getting ready in this festive season too, so would love to hear your comments! Stay happy and look as beautiful as you are!!!! 🙂