New mum Shveta Salve shares the first ever picture of her baby girl and reveals her unique name!
The stylish new mum Shevta Salve is setting new 'travel goals with baby' after she shared a picture of her travels with her adorable baby girl
Just weeks after giving birth to her baby girl in Goa, model and actor Shveta Salve took her bundle of joy back to her Mumbai home. But not without sharing her anxiety and joy of flying with a baby for the first time.
Salve shared the very first picture of her little princess, a cherubic beauty, at the Goa Airport. She also expressed her joy of becoming a new mum in a few simple lines and we bet all mothers would agree with her a 100 percent!
Along with this adorable picture of her baby peeking out the window she wrote: "Mommy will there be angels in the clouds" ... "Maybe but I know I have one right here in my arms". Firat Flight !! Bye Goa ....Hello Bombay. #babytravels #firstflight #mommynbaby #aryakikahani #travelbuddies #babystories #airport #goa #bombay #aeroplanes #instapic #babyonboard #babygirl"
Salve also revealed her baby's unique name through a cryptic hashtag. Can you guess? Well, if you haven't yet, it seems she has named her daughter, Arya.
For the uninitiated, Salve who married her long-time friend and co-founder of Submerge (dance music portal), Hermit Sethi in 2012, became proud parents on August 11 this year.
More travels in store for baby Arya
This wasn't the only time baby Arya travelled with her yummy-mummy. The new mum couldn't wait to take her baby girl around for some Mumbai darshan albeit in style.
She shared another picture with her baby and might we say that this mother-daughter duo is slaying it with their uber cool style quotient.
Along with the picture Salve wrote, "Baby's Day Out in stylish baby gear! Super comfy baby carrier by @ergobaby and super practical n stylish baby diaper bag by @marcjacobs. Thank you @ruchikabhojwani @thirdeyejedi @lizagoldenreal #babygirl #mommynbaby #stylishmom #babychic #babyproducts #babygear #momstyle #babysdayout #aryakikahani #keepingitstayish #mommystyle #babystyle #babyessentials #trendybaby"
It seems that this trendy modern mum knows exactly how to travel with a baby is doing it with ease.
Continue reading to see how Salve is travelling with her baby girl and how you can do it too!
Tips for travelling with a baby
If you are a new mum like Salve you are probably busy with feeds, changing diapers and getting your baby to adapt to a napping schedule.
But while babies may need a whole lot of attention, you can easily travel with a two or three-month-old if your travel is simple and low-key. Just as Salve did!
At this age, the babies would be clinging on to you for support and will not be running around or getting into trouble. In addition, they would not even know the difference in traveling if it is a short distance. But here's how you can travel with your newborn effortlessly.
#1 Safety and health
- While packing your bags, make sure you carry a first-aid kit, which includes prescription medicines and ointments for scrapes and cuts among other things.
- Keep an emergency sheet handy so you have all the emergency numbers and names of people to contact in case there is any health related issue while travelling.
- If you are flying, inform the airlines beforehand that you have a baby with you. Most Indian airlines have the facility to help new mothers travel safely with their newborns.
- During the flight, your baby's ear may hurt due to the air pressure, so you can encourage him to breastfeed on suckle on something so it helps ease the effect on his fragile ears.
#2 Food during travel
- If your baby is breastfeeding, then you don't have to worry too much except keep a few sanitised bottles for extra feeds. If however, he is on formula, you might want to carry those foods items including a hot thermos and extra bottled water.
- Check with the airlines (if you are travelling via flight) about carrying formula feed. Many airlines have strict policies against such packets, but even if they don't, cross-check before you depart.
- If your baby has started solids, make sure to bring along extra box of food for him, even if it is a short journey. Carry his bib and other items that you usually use to feed your little one.
#3 Travel gear
- Make sure to carry all the travel gear such as the pram, or baby carrier whenever you are travelling with a baby. This also includes a diaper bag and a changing bag. Salve also travelled with her baby gear and was able to use it easily when she landed.
- Carry extra pair of clothes in your baby bag as well. You can also keep them in plastic bags that you can carry if you do not have a changing bag.
- You can also carry a front sling and make sure to check the height limitations of the seat in which you will be travelling with your baby.
- Make sure to check the temperature of the place you are travelling to and dress your baby accordingly.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com