Shilpa Shetty Kundra shares a healthy breakfast recipe that can help you lose weight quickly
This svelte mum credits the healthy oats chilla to reduced weight and also for a glowing skin
When you see fitness enthusiast Shilpa Shetty Kundra share a health tip or a beauty secret, you can take it on its face value. After, all, it comes from a place of experience and years of study.
No wonder then when she revealed her health-based latest website and her Youtube channel, she received an overwhelming response from mothers.
However, what got most people talking were her incredibly easy and healthy breakfast recipes. One of which was particularly worthy of being shared, especially for busy mums.
The mumpreneur shared a recipe of oats chilla, which she believes is not only an interesting but also a healthy way to begin a busy day.
"Oats are incredibly nutritious. They are gluten-free, great source of important vitamins (like manganese, copper, phosphorous, copper, vitamin B), iron, selenium minerals, fibres and anti-oxidants. These oat chillas (406kcal) are enough to give you the right push to get creative with your breakfast," she says.
Take a look at how to prepare this healthy recipe in just 15 minutes.
- Oats- 1 cup
- Green chilli- 1 or 2
- Ginger paste- 1tbsp
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala- 1 tbsp
- Pepper- 1.4 tbsp
- Sea salt- 1 tbsp
- Coriander- 1 tbsp
- Cumin- 1/2 tbsp
- Roast a cup of oats till they are slightly brown in colour. Then take it off heat and put it in a mixer and blend them to a powder.
- Add 1.5 cup buttermilk to the powdered mixture as well as ginger paste, roasted cumin (1/2 tbsp), 1 chopped green chilli, 1/4 tbsp black pepper, 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tbsp coriander powder and salt.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- On a flat non-stick pan, lightly oil it with butter or ghee.
- Now add the batter and cook it on medium gas and cook it well.
- Serve hot with dahi or mint chutney
Health benefits of oats chilla
The mumpreneur also notes that there are several health benefits of oats chilla if had in the morning. From weight loss to a glowing skin to a healthy heart, you can be fitter, thinner and healthier faster, if you include this recipe in your daily diet. Shilpa also lists them in her video:
- Helps in weight loss
- Helps in preventing and treating diabetes
- Calms and de-stresses the brain
- Banishes skin problems and boosts energy
- Boosts immunity and keeps the heart healthy
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com