Shilpa's power-packed Karva Chauth laddoos are the easiest to recreate!
Prepare these mouth-watering treats for Karva Chauth this year. It only takes 15 minutes!
Are you looking forward to a healthy start to Karva Chauth? Well, then look no further. Actor, mum and fitness enthusiast Shilpa Shetty Kundra has that sorter for all the ladies.
She recently shared a healthy recipe for dry fruit fast laddoos. They are not just easy-to-make, but also have all the essential nutrients and fibre to last you the entire day through this tough fast.
"For my Sargi, I eat these laddoos along with aloo paranthas and begin my day," says Shilpa as she adds that the two key ingredients of this dish are coconut and dates, which are packed with fibre and healthy nutrients.
Here's what you'll need to prepare the laddoos:
- Roughly chopped dates/khajur, 1 cup
- Roughly chopped anjeer, 1/2 cup
- Raisins, 1 tbsp
- Roughly chopped almonds, 2 tbsp
- Flaxseeds, 2 tbsp
- Dry grated coconut, 3 tbsp
- Roughly chopped pistachios, 2 tbsp
- Elaichi powder, 1/2 tbsp
- Khus Khus/ poppy seeds, 2 tbsp
- Ghee, 1 tbsp
Method of preparation
- Add all the dry fruits into a mixer and blend it all together.
- Once all the dry ingredients are blended together, in order to bind them together, add 1 tbsp of ghee and blitz it once more.
- Now take a little bit of ghee in the palm of your hands and star preparing laddos with the mixture you just prepared.
- You can garnish this with grated coconut or silver vark, as you deem fit.
- The two key ingredients have great benefits. Dates are a good source of fibre, sugar and energy. They are also rich in Vitamins A, K, calcium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, magnesium and zinc.
- Coconuts on the other hand are rich in fibre, Vitamin C, E, B1, B5, B6 and minerals such as iron, selenium, sodium, phosphorous, calcium and even magnesium.
- This recipe is also for people who workout and can consume it as their pre and post workout meal.
- This recipe also boosts digestion, it's protein rich, maintains the heart and of course, will give you energy through Karva Chauth.
So here's wish a very happy Karva Chauth to all our lovely readers.