Shilpa Shetty Kundra finally shares the easiest soup recipe for quick weight loss
This particular soup recipe is the best kept secret of her own quick weight loss. Read on to know how to prepare this mouthwatering treat
So it comes as no surprise that she wants this flow of information going. The fitness enthusiast who famously lost 21 kilos in three months post the delivery of her son, has now shared a recipe that has already gone viral on the Internet. Why, you ask?
Well, the reason is that this particular soup recipe is possibly the best weight loss meal and is also extremely easy to prepare.
The busy working mum shared a picture of this new recipe on Instagram and wrote: "Simple to make, this dish is an ideal fibrous combination of beetroot and carrot. It not only helps in weight loss but also indigestion."
The mumpreneur also shared a video where she shows the easy-to-make process and also revealed some great benefits of making this soup at home. In the video she states that she particularly likes beetroot for its various benefits.
"It's great for fighting cancer cells, lowers blood pressure, purifies your blood and people who may be suffering from indigestion. Beetroot has laxative properties so it helps relieve indigestion," she says. Shetty adds that those who may be diabetic can replace beetroot with bottleguard (doodhi/ghiya).
This particular recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook and has a total of 318kcal.
- Beetroot (diced)
- Carrot (diced)
- Onion (diced)
- Ginger paste
- Garlic cloves-2/3
- Canola oil or vegetable oil
- Vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Take a tablespoon of vegetable oil or canola oil and add it in a cooker. Add 1/2 cup chopped or diced onion to the hot oil.
- Add 1 tbsp fresh cut ginger along with 1 chopped garlic clove. Now saute the mixture till it turns light brown.
- Add the vegetables- beetroot and carrots and mix well. Add the vegetable stock (1 cube of stock in 500ml of water) and salt to taste.
- Close the lid of the cooker and once cooked, blend the entire mixture and serve hot.
Health benefits of beetroot and carrot soup
Apart from being extremely beneficial for indigestion and clearing up the intestines, there are several other benefits that Shetty points out. From weight loss to increasing antioxidant agents in the body, this soup can do it all.
- Beetroot includes nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, fibre, vitamins A, B, C, phosphorous, iron beta-carotene, and folic acid among others. This means that addition of beetroot will help strengthen the digestive system and clear the blood. It is an especially beneficial vegetable for new mothers and women who are on their periods, be cause it helps to increase blood in the body.
- Beetroot also increases stamina, lowers blood pressure, supports detoxification and also fights inflammation.
- Carrots are a good source of antioxidants and have a good amount of fibre as well, which aides in strengthening of the body.
- Carrots help ease constipation, they are great for skin, boost immunity, keeps the heart healthy and improves vision.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com