The secret is out! Shahnaz Hussain shows you how to make face packs at home!
Mix grated apples with ripe papaya pulp and mashed banana to make a fruit pack at home. Read on to know more...
Internal health and external beauty are two sides of the same coin. Good health and physical fitness are imperative for a clear and glowing skin. One should take into consideration, diet, exercise, relaxation, adequate sleep and external skin care.
Eruptive conditions of the skin can be due to a congested system. Avoid fried foods and heavy meals, with excess spices and oil. Include a variety of natural foods, like fresh fruits, raw salads, sprouts, yogurt, fresh fruit juices, leafy green vegetables, “dalia”, oats, green tea, in your diet. Fresh fruit juices should be diluted with water.
Drink plenty of water. Add the juice of a lemon to a glass of water and have it first thing in the morning. It flushes the system and adds a healthy glow.
Incorporate exercise into your daily routine. Exercise improves blood circulation and oxygenates the body. Exercise also helps to control stress. Include deep breathing exercises, which really induce relaxation and reduce stress.
Include deep breathing exercises, which really induce relaxation and reduce stress. Actually, stress is known to aggravate an acne condition.
Rinse your face well after exercise, so that you wash away the impurities secreted along with your sweat. Otherwise, these can collect on the skin and clog the pores. Or take a shower to feel clean and fresh.
Three steps to a problem-free skin
After cleansing, tone the skin daily with chilled rose water or rose skin tonic. Toning stimulates blood circulation to the skin surface and adds a glow.
Wipe the skin after cleansing with cotton wool pads soaked in chilled rose water. Green Tea is also a powerful skin toner, especially for oily skins, as it works as an astringent toner.
It is also said to soothe sunburn, keeps the skin healthy and adds radiance. Take half cup water and bring it to a boil. Put tea leaves in a ceramic bowl. Pour the hot water over it and keep for 2 minutes. Strain and cool the liquid. Apply on face with cotton wool to tone the skin. Leave on. One can also apply cold compresses of chamomile tea to add a glow to the skin.
I always maintain that night time cleansing is more important, in order to remove pollutants and make-up before bedtime. The repair and restoration work of the body goes on while we sleep. So, cleanse the skin daily at night and rinse well with plenty of plain water. This keeps the skin healthy and radiant.
Homemade scrubs that you work like magic
Exfoliating the skin once or twice a week works wonders, removing dead cells and brightening the skin. Scrubs can work wonders on the skin.
- Mix ground almonds with yogurt. Apply on the face. Leave on for 15 minutes. Then moisten with water and rub gently. Wash off with plenty of water.
- Dried and powdered lemon and orange peels, along with dried and powdered mint (pudina) leaves can be added to facial scrubs to help add a glow. Apply the mixture on the face and leave on for a few minutes. Then, rub gently, with small circular movements, washing off with water. Mix a mask at home and use it two or three times a week.
- Mix two teaspoons wheat bran (choker) with one teaspoon each of almond meal (ground almonds), curd, honey and rose water.
- Fruit packs are great for adding radiance to the skin. They can also be applied daily. Mix grated apples with ripe papaya pulp and mashed banana. Yogurt or lemon juice can be added to the mixture. Apply it on the face and leave it on for half an hour. Wash off with plain water. It not only adds a glow, but also removes tan and softens the skin.
- Multani Mitti is said to clarify the skin and bring about a glow. Multani Mitti is a natural clay, which contains several minerals. It is of special benefit to oily skins since it helps to absorb oil and reduce oiliness from the skin surface. It also tones, refines and tightens the pores, improving skin texture. It brightens the skin, leaving it smooth, soft and glowing. It can be combined with other ingredients to make a face pack and can easily be used at home.
- Face packs play a vital role in skin care, by completing the cleansing process, dissolving impurities, softening dead skin cells, removing them and adding a healthy glow.