Pregnancy Week 32: Guide for Mothers
Your baby, who is as big as a mishrikand, now has skin that is more opaque. Find out other amazing facts in our pregnancy week 32 guide for Indian Mothers.
How Big is Your Baby?
How is Your Baby Developing?
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you'll learn that:
- Your baby is now swallowing, breathing, kicking, and sucking.
- His digestive system is all set and ready to go.
- His skin is becoming less transparent and more opaque.
- He is sleeping well these days, with sleep cycles of 20 to 40 minutes long. This also explains the decrease in movement you're likely experiencing these days.
- That swelling belly is getting itchier and itchier as the skin stretches and dries out.
- You may feel a painful spasm in your calves which may worsen at night.
- Your growing uterus is cramping your bowels, making them sluggish and irregular.
- As your breasts expand in the third trimester, they may also leak a yellowish fluid called colostrum, which is the precursor to breast milk.
- Get some regular exercise (anything helps, from brisk walks to prenatal yoga) and drink enough fluids.
- Carry a protein-and-carb-rich snack in your bag to munch on for when you feel dizzy.
- Try calamine or some other type of anti-itch lotion to soothe more stubborn cases of itchiness.
- Try not to obsess over stretch marks. Up to 90 percent of women get them. They’re a sign that your baby is growing beautifully.
- Be prepared; learn the signs of labour: water breaking, period-like cramps, vaginal bleeding, diarrhea, and a tightening feeling in your uterus.
- It's time to host a baby shower!
Your next week: 33 weeks pregnant
Your previous week: 31 weeks pregnant
Republished with permission from: theAsianparent
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com