Pregnancy Week 14: Guide for Mothers
Your baby, now the size of a guava, can wiggle his toes! Find out other amazing facts in our pregnancy week 14 guide for Indian Mothers.
How Big is Your Baby?
Your Baby’s Development
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you'll learn that:
- While your baby's taste buds began developing around the seventh week, research suggests that at this stage he can taste bitter, sweet, or sour flavors in the amniotic fluid.
- The roof of his mouth (palate) will be completely formed by the end of this week.
- Increased brain impulses mean that his facial muscles are "practising." He now smiles, frowns, and grimaces.
- His hair has now grown on top of his head. And while we're on the topic of hair, he is also growing lanugo, a fine layer of downy hair, all over his body. Don’t worry about this fur mums, in the coming weeks it will shed.
- His kidneys are beginning to make urine.
- An interesting bit about this week by week pregnancy guide is this: your baby is testing his limbs by sucking his thumb and wiggling his toes.
- Because your bump is more prominent, dodging those "Are you pregnant?" questions are becoming harder.
- Now you’re hungry again. The queasiness has probably disappeared (Yay!), and as you regain your appetite, your energy levels will increase. (This is the best news in this week by week pregnancy guide for you, mom!)
- You are feeling aches and pains now, though, especially in the back and abdominal area. That is because your muscles and ligaments are stretching to accommodate your growing baby.
- Your hair is thicker and shinier--which is most definitely a pregnancy perk!
- To keep the backaches at bay remember to sit with your back upright; light yoga or pilates may also help ease the discomfort. Avoid any intensive exercise that could cause you to fall, especially because your joints are looser than before.
- Your appetite has returned, so switch to a healthy diet (here are some recipes) and avoid greasy, fatty food.
- With your energy and appetite levels back again, sign up for a prenatal exercise class to get your body ready for labour.
- Now that you are beginning to show, it’s time to catch up on maternity clothing styles.
Your next week: 15 weeks pregnant
Your previous week: 13 weeks pregnant
Republished with permission from: theAsianparent
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com