Pregnancy Week 10: Guide for Mothers
Your baby, who is now the size of a prune, is developing fingers and toes! Find out other amazing facts in our pregnancy week 10 guide for Indian Mothers.
In this week by week pregnancy guide, you'll learn that:
- Your baby’s brain is developing at an astounding rate: nearly 250,000 neurons are forming every minute!
- All his vital organs, including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver, are now in place and starting to function.
- His hands and feet begin to separate into fingers and toes, and there are beginnings of tiny fingernails.
- His bones are starting to harden to take shape.
- He has started developing buds for teeth.
- Your male baby has started producing testosterone.
- That annoying nauseating feeling just won’t seem to budge.
- It feels like you have so much air in you, and all that gassiness is coming out in loud (embarrassing) burps and farts, too.
- To beat nausea, try different food to see what works in providing relief. Some mums go for salted crackers or even ginger tea to help them get through the day and night. Otherwise, seek your gynecologist’s advice for Vitamin B6 and/or B12, which many mums claim helps alleviate nausea. Find out what other mums are eating at Week 10.
- Keeping away from raw food--sashimi, uncooked vegetables and meats, and egg--is a wise choice. You definitely wouldn’t want to risk having food poisoning at this point as having the runs would lead to uterus contractions and dehydration.
- If you notice any spotting or unusual foul discharge, do seek advice from your gynecologist. During the early weeks of pregnancy, the fetus may not be stable and thus the first trimester is also the most vulnerable period.
- Avoid carrying heavy things now. So if you have things to move or carry around, get help instead of taking on an additional risk during pregnancy.
- Load up on healthy food such as spinach (folate), fruits (vitamins and fibre), and milk (calcium) to keep your body in tip-top condition.
- Go for short, slow walks to keep good blood circulation. Besides, the fresh air can do wonders to improve your mood. Go to the beach or a quiet park to enjoy some serenity for a calm mind.
- Look into prenatal massage packages now so you can get the pampering you deserve during your second trimester. Note that most companies will offer massage services between 13 weeks (beginning of second trimester) and 32 weeks (before the ninth month starts).
Your next week: 11 weeks pregnant
Your previous week: 9 weeks pregnant
Republished with permission from: theAsianparent
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com