New mum loses over 100 Lbs. Weight loss courtesy a cheating-berating husband!
When Betsy Ayala discovered that her husband was cheating on her and calling her names behind her back, she decided she had to get a hold on her life.
Post giving birth to her daughter in 2013, Betsy Ayala had reached 260 Lbs. Since the Texas-based mom had struggled with her weight her whole life, she wasn’t too concerned about her physical appearance.
But then something happened which motivated Betsy to struggle her way out of postpartum depression and anxiety and undergo an unbelievable transformation. She discovered that her husband, whom she had been dating since she was 17, was cheating on her. Betsy even found messages sent by him to his lover that attacked her weight.
According to sources, that was the moment when she decided that she couldn’t continue the way she was. “That drove me to make a permanent change in my life,” Betsy said.
She wanted to move on with her life in a healthy way; not just to feel better about herself, but to be a good example for her little girl. It was in early 2014 that Betsy started making positive changes in her lifestyle. Despite never having been into physical exercise, she started working out and alongside worked on her diet.
As per sources, Betsy has managed an amazing weight loss and is now down by 103 Lbs. “At the beginning it was hard, but it’s honestly not as hard as you think it is,” says Betsy on managing this balancing act between being a mum and making (and sticking to) massive lifestyle changes.
Inspiring, isn’t it? Continue reading for some tips for new mums on losing weight the realistic way!
5 tips to lose weight the healthy way
Your baby is here. You are finally done ‘eating-for-two’. However, suddenly you aren’t okay with all the extra weight you’ve gained in the process. Well, I wasn’t okay with it! Fret not. There are realistic ways to lose that extra flab, provided you do what I did, and I really didn’t bend backwards to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Here are some effective tips that may help you to get back into your old LBD:
- Avoid crash-diets: Instead, Eat balanced meals and eat in moderation, especially if you ae breastfeeding your bub.
- Exercise: Indulge in some form of exercise. It will not only help you lose the extra Lbs, but will also boost energy and shoo away the postpartum blues.
- Sleep well: I know, I know, with a baby around how do you sleep well? With some planning and assigning of chores, you can get that much needed shut-eye. The reason being the more sleep-deprived you are, the more likely it is for you to crave for fattening food.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day. It keeps you hydrated, yes. But it also fills you up so that you don’t go around hunting for food.
- Get help: It’s not a matter of shame to ask for help or even hire a nanny or a maid to take care of chores whilst you get to indulge in the above mentioned tips.
None of these are something that can’t be practiced, as these are tried and tested by real moms. What we need is patience for that gradual but definite weight loss. Of course, it’s important to get back in shape. But set realistic goals for yourself, keeping in mind your lifestyle and weight pattern so far.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com