Mamu Salman Khan has his own sweet nickname for sister Arpita Khan's son Ahil
Read on to know what it is!
Bollywood heartthrob Salman Khan is the unquestioned sultan of hearts. But looks like, the superstar has reserved this special moniker for someone else.
Salman who is exceptionally close to his youngest sister Arpita is naturally extremely attached to Arpita’s little son Ahil too. So much so that looks like the doting mamu has chosen a nickname for his nephew.
Yesterday, new mum to toddler Ahil, Arpita Khan posted a video on Instagram of the superstar playing with her son. The mamu and bhanja team looked utterly drool worthy as they snuggled and played with each other relaxing at Salman’s home on a bed.
And while it was refreshing on its own to catch one of the biggest Bollywood star spending a leisurely day at home on what looked like a day-off for Salman, there emerged something more endearing in the video.
Salman was seen repeatedly calling Ahil, ‘Sultan, Sultan’ and humming to entertain his nephew as the little one jumped and snuggled up to him.
I am definitely the luckiest sister in the world to have the most amazing , loving , giving , caring brother ! Thank you for being this larger then life person you are in all ways. Can't thank you enough for all that you have done not only for me but all the souls you touch. Love you Bhai now and forever ? @beingsalmankhan Happy Rakhi , miss you ?
The picture-perfect moment was captured by Arpita who posted it along with an emotional message relating how blessed she feels to have such loving brothers. The Khan Khandaan has been known to be always having each other’s back and have always stood strong with each other through thick and thin.
Some time back the entire extended family flew to Maldives to ring in little Ahil’s first birthday. Being the youngest child in the family it is quite understandable for Ahil to be the center of everyone’s attractions.
It also seems that Salman is not the only one to have pet names for family members. Recently on brother Arbaaz Khaan’s birthday, his ex-wife Malaika Arora posted a picture of a yummy looking macaron cake that addressed the birthday boy as ‘Arbu Papa,’ written on behalf of son Arhaan.
If Arbaaz is fondly called Arbu the entire family lovingly calls their other sister Alvira -- baby. Time and again Salman Khan has also being given various monikers by his fans. From Dabangg Khan to Tiger to Bollywood’s bhaijaan, he has earned many loving titles courtesy his millions of fans worldwide.
And just when we are on the subject of nicknames, here are some other celebrities and their childhood pet names
- Sushmita Sen: Growing up Sushmita Sen was fondly called Titu by her family. And this is the name with which her brother still refers her. This common Bengali pet name is quite close to Sushmita’s heart.
- Twinkle Khanna: Bestselling author Twinkle has often expressed a dislike for her real name however she has a nickname – Tina given to her by her family. In fact most of her childhood buddies including Karan Johar call her Tina even now.
- Kareena Kapoor: Bebo has to be the most famously known pet name in Bollywood. So much so, that sometimes, entire articles have appeared in press referred to Kareena only as Bebo. The fact that no one ever asked who Bebo was makes us think that this has to be the strongest Bollywood pet name.
- Aishwarya Rai: It’s actually hard to imagine calling the former Miss World by her nick name Gullu. But that’s the name Ash was given growing up by family.
- Akshay Kumar: It’s no secret that Akshay’s real name is Rajiv Bhatia but what is also true is that Akshay was called Raju during his non-star days by friends.