Wow! Little Inaaya's room is the perfect example of a baby's nursery
The baby's nursery includes a big crib, a sofa, lamps with dull lighting as well as a changing table set on a wall mounted storage space.
Just days after sharing the first ever picture of her daughter, new mum Soha Ali Khan revealed the first look for her baby's nursery. Elegantly done in pastel pink and white, the nursery makes for the perfect serene setting for her baby.
In fact, even Soha couldn't stop herself from calling "the most important room in the house" elegant and filled with love.
An elegant baby's nursery for Inaaya
Along with the photograph Soha thanked her close friend and model Tapur for decorating the room and shared, "Thankyou @tapur for doing up the most important room in the house with elegance, good taste and most of all with love (emoticon) #nursery #interiordesign (sic)."
The room includes a big crib, a sofa, a small side table, lamps with dull lighting as well as a changing table set on a wall mounted storage space. The room also has enough space to accommodate everything a baby may need.
Incidentally, this is the second time Soha has shown her baby's crib. Just a few weeks back, she revealed a picture of Inaaya's bed.
Matching with theme of the room, the cot bedding was specially created for Inaaya and therefore along with the picture, the first-time-mum wrote: "So happy to have this most adorable organic cot bedding - the sleepy star set- from @Masilo.in."
With such an aesthetically decorated baby's nursery, it's no surprise that Inaaya gets ample of good sleep and rests well. This is also an ideal baby's nursery and depending upon the gender of the baby, all you really to do is change up the wallpaper.
However, there are some more vital things that are needed in a baby's nursery and have clearly been incorporated in Inaaya's room as well.
5 items you must have in a baby's nursery
- Gender-neutral wallpaper: Do not be afraid to experiment with colours for your baby's nursery. However, don't go overboard with the neons. Use simple yet bright colours, but also the unusual ones such as green, cold coffee, aqua glow or orange. If you are a fan of pastel shades, then you can a touch of texture or print to make it look more lively, just as Soha did for Inaaya.
- Bigger cribs: Just as Soha and Kunal have done up their baby's nursery, you can also invest in a crib that opens into a bed once your baby is old enough to craw or walk. In case you decide to repurpose an old crib, make sure that it is redone to meet all the safety standards. Once you've selected the crib for your little one, the next big step is to invest in some good bedding. Be sure to buy cotton sheets that are breathable and do not irritate your baby's skin.
- Feeding chair or sofa: Not many new mums pay attention to the need of a separate feeding zone or a comfortable lazy chair. This is where you can sit upright and feed your baby. Since breastfeeding must advisably be done while sitting straight to allow easy digestion and fewer chances of reflux by the baby, a chair is your ideal companion.
- Changing table: Many Indian urban parents have now realised the importance of a changing table. This is a piece of furniture than can be repurposed into a storage drawer later when your baby grows up. And if you're a working mum, it can be your best friend. If you do not have too much space, you can even opt for a changing top that can be placed on a bed or a table or an almirah, just as Soha has done.
- Storage space: An open storage cupboard is another essential that you would need. You can add cloth drawers or soft cardboard drawers that you can label for easy access to store your baby’s clothes and diapers. You can also place your baby’s toys or any item that you can store away to keep the room clean and neat. After all, your baby needs space to explore!