I removed my pregnancy hyperpigmentation with these home remedies
After going through a lot of reading and tutorials, I decided to try out three remedies and yes, they have actually worked for me.
Most of us suffer from some form of hyperpigmentation when we are pregnant. In some cases, it could be a small case of discolouration. In some cases, the spots can be really big and dark.
When I got pregnant the first time, I noticed that while I did not have any spots on my face, I was getting dark patches around my eyes. Add to that the fact that there was a lot of hormonal change happening in those nine months, and my eyes looked permanently wrapped in dark circles.
The hyperpigmentation was restricted to my eye area, but it did continue till my second pregnancy, especially because I did not do anything about it.
However, once my second baby was born, I wanted to get rid of the marks. I wanted to go for something natural, and so I looked up for various home remedies that would be safe. After going through a lot of reading and tutorials, I decided to try out three remedies and yes, they have actually worked for me.
So if you are also looking to reduce and remove signs of hyperpigmentation, you can definitely try these out.
1. Lemon juice:
I started doing this in the morning when I would have a glass of warm water with lemon juice. You can start off by doing this once a week, and then twice.
- Extract the juice of the lemon and soak a cotton ball in it. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to dilute the juice with a little water.
- Apply this around the eye area, or on the hyperpigmentation spots.
- Make sure that it does not go in your eyes at all.
- Leave this on for about 15 minutes and wash off with water.
This remedy will work even better when you mix it with lemon juice.
- Mix a tsp. of lemon juice and turmeric powder and apply on the spots.
- It is preferable to do this before you take a bath. Make sure that you do not go outdoors, especially in the sun, for at least an hour after you do this.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
3. Raw potato:
This is great to use each time you are using potato in the kitchen.
- Slice the potato and add a little water on one side to make it moist.
- Massage the affected area on the skin using the moist side of the potato.
- Once it starts to turn dark, change the slice.
- Let the juice dry on the skin, then wash off with cool water.
These three home remedies have helped me lighten off the hyperpigmentation considerably. Also, make sure that you use a good sunscreen. I have consciously started wearing sunscreen every day, whether I go or not, and let me tell you it does make a difference.