"I cut down this food item from my diet like mum Shilpa Shetty and this is how it helped me"
I lost 5 kilos!!!
A couple of weeks back, celeb mummy Shilpa Shetty announced that she is taking a three-week challenge by cutting down a very important item from her diet. Shilpa Shetty's weight loss journey is truly simple yet inspirational for many mums!
Now we all know that Shilpa Shetty is extremely conscious of her fitness and health. And now that she knows it all about healthy eating, she has decided to share the secrets with her fans. Which means that not only she shares the exercises that keep her in shape, she also shares quite a few recipes that have helped her beat the bulge in the past.
Shilpa Shetty's weight loss journey
So last month Shilpa said that she is cutting a very addictive food item from her diet list and that she is taking a "three-week sugar challenge" to get back in shape.
"It’s because I am detoxing and I have taken up this challenge of ditching sugar for three weeks. It’s really hard. But I thought this was a great opportunity. Whilst all the Sunday Binges were great fun, not that I am going to ditch them forever. But I am definitely going to do some conscious eating when it comes to indulging in sugar. This detox program has taught me and through my personal experience that sugar really is our main enemy," she said as she announced the challenge.
She further added that sugar creates havoc in our digestive track. It hastens the aging process. Shilpa Shetty's weight loss would get dessert parlor owners a little worried if everyone started following her footsteps!
"I am actually feeling far more energetic without the sugar. So I thought I should throw this challenge to all of you. And if you can do it for two more weeks with me, it’ll be great fun and you’re going to see the result," she said.
I followed it too...
Before I go on to tell you how cutting down sugar from my diet helped me, let me tell you that I did this almost a year back, way before the "three-week sugar challenge" was announced by Shilpa. And it helped me tremendously. Here's what I did:
- To begin with, I removed all food items that contained added sugar from my diet which included most packaged food items such as biscuits, juices, namkeens (yes, they also contain sugar), bread, and even ketchup!
- I am a big chai lover and easily have around four to five cups of chai in a day. I knew that removing chai from my diet would be the biggest challenge so I just had it without sugar or with a teaspoon of jaggery for the first few weeks.
- I also removed all kinds of aerated drinks from my diet and would only have salted nimbu pani.
- I also cut out all baked goods from my diet including chocolate cakes, muffins, and all the sins. Believe me, it is tough in the beginning but when you see the results, you yourself dont feel like even taking a bite.
- I also switched sugary cereals with our very own healthy and nutritious dalia. I did not even have oats as I found dalia to be filling and healthy.
Cutting down sugar from my diet was the best thing I could do to lose weight. Here's how Shilpa Shetty's weight loss plan helped me:
- I lost 5 kilos straight in a month.
- My face was not puffy anymore and was much slimmer than before.
- I became more active and agile. I felt so light and energetic after a month that I decided to continue with the diet plan. Climbing the stairs was not a task anymore and neither was it difficult to walk for miles at a stretch.
- While the stubborn belly fat that just refuses to go after you deliver did not completely vanish, I did manage to tone my stomach a bit.
- What's more, I was able to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans and that my dears was the biggest achievement of this diet.
- I also incorporated an hour's of physical activity in my day which meant that I would either take a brisk walk in the park or do Zumba for 40 minutes or just dance (I love dancing) for around 45 minutes.
- I got rid of my dependency on chips, namkeens, and biscuits which just added unrequired calories to my diet and chose healthier snack options such as a fresh fruit, bhel, roasted chana, sprouts or just plain Indian salad.
- I became healthier and happier as I was looking good.