How to remove dark circles instantly
Women across the globe have one common beauty concern in mind: how to remove dark circles. Try these home remedies to help brighten up your eyes and give you a more youthful look!
Dark circles can make one look tired, older and unhealthy. If you want to know how to remove dark circles instantly, the answer is makeup. Cosmetics can help you conceal your dark circles instantly. However, if you want to get rid of them permanently instead of concealing them for a short duration, you must try the below mentioned treatments.
Find the reason and address it
Before you decide on how to remove dark circles, you have to find out the reason why you are suffering from them. There are plenty of potential causes, including sleeplessness. Women across the globe suffer from lack of sleep. You may be one of them. So, evaluate your sleeping time and ensure that you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Proper sleep is essential for a relaxed mind and healthy body; two biggest factors that will help you get rid of the dark marks that have been making you look aged.
If sleep is not the issue with you, consult a doctor to find out what the possible cause could be. Maybe you have inherited them from your parents or maybe you are allergic to something. Anaemia, hyper-pigmentation, nutritional deficiencies, dehydration, dry skin, aging, stress, smoking and even looking at the computer for long periods are some other reasons that may cause unsightly dark rings or shadows under the eyes. Address the reason and your dark circles will naturally vanish in some time.
Try some home remedies
- Refrigerate a cucumber for 3-4 hours. Cut it into thin slices, lie down, and place them on your eyes. Let them sit for 15 minutes and then remove. Repeat this twice daily. You will be able to see the results within a week. The cooling properties of cucumbers make them one of the most effective treatments for dark circles.
- Cold compress can soothe the swelling under the eyes, thereby instantly reducing the appearance of dark circles. Take a chilled tea bag or an ice bag and place it on the eyes for as long as you can (maximum 15 minutes). Repeat this twice daily.
- Take crushed mint leaves and place them under your eyes. Leave for 15 minutes and then, wipe it off with a clean cloth. Avoid washing your eyes for as long as you can.
- Almond oil, potato juice, tomato juice, rose water, etc. are also effective for treating dark circles.
Click “Next page” for more tips on how to remove dark circles!
Focus on your diet
Before you try figuring out how to remove dark circles, evaluate your diet quickly to find out if you are eating a healthy and nutritionally balanced diet. Nutritional deficiency is a common reason for dark circles. Accept it or not, our lifestyle forces us to choose calorie laden and nutritionally low fast food. Eating them occasionally is acceptable, but if more than 25% of your diet is unhealthy, you should be careful. Improve your diet and consult a dietician if required.
Staying hydrated is very important for staying away from dark circles. Water improves blood circulation. It also helps to flush out the toxins from our body. Therefore, you must drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Include exercise in your routine
- You may not believe it, but exercising is a highly effective treatment for dark circles. When you exercise, you will improve your blood circulation. Further, workouts also help in reducing stress. They help you get adequate sleep, thereby reducing the dark patches under your eyes.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to improve your oxygen intake.
- Gently massage the skin under your eyes every night while sleeping using almond oil. Massage will improve the blood circulation in that area.
Seek professional treatment
If you see no or not-so-satisfactory improvement even after trying these methods, you must consult a dermatologist to find out how to remove dark circles. There are tons of over-the-counter creams available in the market. However, before using them, make sure you seek professional advice. Your dermatologist may suggest you chemical peeling, intense pulse treatment, laser treatment, or any other process depending on your condition.
The skin under the eyes is very sensitive and therefore, treating dark circles will take time. Keep patience and be regular.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: SEEMA KHANDELWAL
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below.