THIS is what Esha's mum-in-law has been teaching the heavily pregnant mum-to-be!
The glowing mummy-to-be Esha Deol has been getting special lessons by her mum-in-law. Read on to see what she's learning from her saasuma.
Ever since the news of Deol's pregnancy first came out, she has kept herself out of the limelight. She even went on a babymoon recently without many people being aware of it (given that she is a famous face in India).
And now it is finally clear what this glowing mum-to-be has been upto at home.
Deol uses saasuma's recipes and impresses all
Just as any doting bahu, Deol has kept herself busy all this while spending time with her in-laws and friends and the proof is in the pudding, only in her case it is a Sindhi curry! Yes, that's correct.
Deol has been cooking up a storm for her family, in-laws as well as close friends and it looks like she has taken a few recipes and tips from none other than her saasuma.
The gorgeous expecting mum cooked the famous Sindhi curry and used her mum-in-law's recipe. She even posted a picture explaining the same and clearly loved preparing the dish for everybody including brother-in-law Vaibhav Vohra.
Along with the picture she wrote: "Happy rainy Sunday. Cooked sindhi curry. My mother in law's special recipe. Friends family and hubby indulged in binge eating. Me and my satisfied tummy (emoticon) @bharattakhtani3...#rainysunday #sindhicurry #funfoodfamily #HappyMe #Mominlawrecipe (sic)."
Friends shower Esha with gifts
The yummy mummy-to-be also posted a picture of herself receiving gifts from family members and friends who are now eagerly awaiting the arrival of her baby.
"Ashni, a super talented dear friend of mine gifted 'mommy to be' me a cute teddy angel. (emoticon) Customized by her @bloom89 #TeddyAngel #MommyToBe (sic)," she wrote along with this cute photograph.
It is quite clear that Deol is enjoying a relaxed pregnancy and utilising it to cook special recipes for her Sindhi family.
And in doing so, she did share an interesting food that can be quite nutritious for expecting mums. In case you are looking for a recipe of Sindhi curry, look no further, here's a lowdown.
How to prepare Sindhi curry for expecting mums
Sindhi curry is full of vegetables and is therefore, quite satiating. It can be taken with rice or chapatti and is a good lunch preparation.
Here's how you can prepare it too.
- Besan, 4 tbsp
- Drumstick, 1
- Lady finger, 10
- Potatoes, 2
- Hing, 1/4 tbsp
- Methi dana, 1/4 tbsp
- Sarson (mustard seeds), 1/4 tbsp
- Curry leaves, 4-6
- Cumin seeds, 1/4 tbsp
- Oil, 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes, 2
- Tumeric, 1/2 tbsp
- Salt, to taste
- Red chilli, 1/2 tbsp
- Grated ginger
- Tamarind pulp, 1 tbsp/ Lemon juice, 1 tbsp (whichever is available)
- Heat oil in a pan and add drumsticks. Now add all the seeds including cumin, mustard, fenugreek as well as curry leaves and hing.
- Now cut potatoes into the sizes you like and add them in with the seeds. You can boil the potatoes beforehand as well.
- Add the besan to this mixture and 1.5 cups of water. Let this mixture cook for 5-10 minutes. Add the same amount of watre once the mixture is thick and let this simmer on low heat.
- Take another pan and fry the bhindi (lady finger).
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes (cut/grated to choice) to the besan mix and add tumeric, red chilli and salt to taste.
- Add bhindi to the besan mix and let it cook for 5-10 minutes more. And ginger as well during this step.
- Add lemon juice or tamarind and close the lid of your cooker/pan and let the entire mixture cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatti.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com.