Good news! It's a gorgeous baby girl for Asin Thottumkal and hubby Rahul Sharma
Close pal Akshay Kumar shared the first ever picture of Asin Thottumkal and Rahul Sharma's baby girl. Read on to see their 'angelic' baby girl.
Congratulations are in order!
Actor Asin Thottumkal, who tied the knot with Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma in January last year has become a proud mum.
The bubbly Ghajini star delivered her darling daughter in Tuesday and made the surprising announcement through her Instagram account with a picture from her maternity shoot.
"We are ecstatic to announce the arrival of our angelic baby girl earlier today. The last nine months have been most special and exciting for the both of us and we would like to thank all our wellwishers and everyone who has been part of our journey for all their love and support," she wrote.
The couple haven't revealed anything apart from the news of the arrival of their baby girl, and have maintained a stoic silence with just this picture.
However, the good news is that their closest friend Akshay Kumar did the needful by revealing the first photograph of Asin and Rahul's daughter.
Yes, you read that right.
Just hours after the news of her arrival broke, Kumar rushed to the new parents at the hospital this morning and posed with their daughter. He even shared the happy picture on his Instagram account, giving everybody a sneak peek of the lucky girl.
Along with the picture the actor wrote: "One joy which is completely unmatched...congratulations to my dearest friends @simply.asin and Rahul on the arrival of their little angel."
Well, the news of the arrival of another celebrity baby girl has come a pleasant addition to their growing tribe.
And while she may have already prepared a nursery for her baby girl, in case you are a new parent and wondering what essentials to buy for your newborn, here's a quick look of what you can incorporate as mentioned previously.
- Wallpaper: Do not be afraid to experiment with colours for your baby's nursery. However, don't go overboard with the neons. Use simple yet bright colours, but also the unusual ones such as green, cold coffee, aqua glow or orange. If you are a fan of pastel shades, then you can a touch of texture or print to make it look more lively.
- Bigger cribs: You can also invest in a crib that opens into a bed once your baby is old enough to craw or walk. In case you decide to repurpose an old crib, make sure that it is redone to meet all the safety standards.
- Crib bedding: Once you've selected the crib for your little one, the next big step is to invest in some good bedding. Be sure to buy cotton sheets that are breathable and do not irritate your baby's skin. Plus, try to keep the bedding as simple and to the size of your baby as possible. It should not feel too overwhelming for him.
- Changing table: Many Indian urban parents have now realised the importance of a changing table. This is a piece of furniture than can be repurposed into a storage drawer later when your baby grows up. And if you're a working mum, it can be your best friend. If you do not have too much space, you can even opt for a changing top that can be placed on a bed or a table.
- Feeding chair: Not many new mums pay attention to the need of a separate feeding zone or a comfortable lazy chair. This is where you can sit upright and feed your baby. Since breastfeeding must advisably be done while sitting straight to allow easy digestion and fewer chances of reflux by the baby, a chair is your ideal companion.
- Storage cupboards: An open storage cupboard is another essential that you would need. You can add cloth drawers or soft cardboard drawers that you can label for easy access to store your baby’s clothes and diapers. You can also place your baby’s toys or any item that you can store away to keep the room clean and neat. After all, your baby needs space to explore!