My Fitness Story: I lost 30 KILOS with these 2 recipes
While they are very healthy and will give you the energy you need through the day, they contain only healthy ingredients and nothing processed or fried or oily.
Each time I share any of my personal weight loss story, I get a lot of messages or comments where moms ask me for the exact recipes or how I did a particular workout.
So today I am going to talk about some of the healthy foods I had mentioned in an earlier post, and I will tell you exactly how I make them at home. These are all very healthy, and you can easily let your kids have them as well.
The reason I mention them as fitness foods that can help you lose weight is that, while they are very healthy and will give you the energy you need through the day, they contain only healthy ingredients and nothing processed or fried or oily. Also, giving this to children does not mean they will lose weight. As children will also be eating a lot of other healthy meals through the day, these are some delicious, filling and preservative-free options they will love I am sure.
So here we go.
1. Weight loss chai:
You will need:
- Cinnamon powder
- Black pepper powder
- Turmeric powder
- Fennel seeds (saunf) powder
- Dry ginger powder
- Fresh organic honey (optional)
- Slice of lime (optional)
- Mix all the powders together and store in an airtight jar.
- Boil a cup of water. Once you take it off the heat, add a spoon of the mixed powders. Stir it well.
- Add some honey or a slice of lime depending on your taste preference.
How it helps: Cinnamon flushes out toxins and improves metabolism, black pepper boosts digestion and aids weight loss, turmeric flushes out toxins, saunf reduces water retention, dry ginger boosts digestion, prevents constipation)
2. Oats and raagi dosa
You will need:
- Urad dal
- White or brown rice
- A few tbsp. of raagi (naachni) aata, regular oats (you can powder it if you like) and roasted sooji
- Salt to taste
- Heeng (optional)
- Soak the dal and rice in equal quantities and leave overnight.
- Make a paste in the morning.
- Add the other ingredients except oil.
- Heat the pan, add a little oil and spread the batter.
- Make the dosa as you normally will.
How it helps: All these ingredients are super healthy and filling, will give you a boost of energy and are great to flush out toxins and aid in weight loss.
And another secret is that I drink A LOT of water the entire day, almost 6 to 8 liters a day. This helps me flush out toxins and keeps me full, so that I do not end up eating junk with sudden hunger pangs.