Expert recommends: Try out these fun, healthy Christmas recipes for your kids this holiday season!
Yummy and healthy Christmas recipes your kids would love by Chef Ganesh Teli from MonkeyBox
1. Coconut Snow Balls
- 2 teaspoons – coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup – coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons – honey
- 2 tablespoons – Unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon – cinnamon Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- Melt the coconut oil and place it with 1 cup of the shredded coconut in a food processor. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides periodically until it reaches a paste-like consistency.
- Add the honey, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and process until well combined. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of shredded coconut and pulse until just combined.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and coat with the remaining of shredded coconut.
- You can make around 12 number with the above quantity of ingredient. Refrigerate for at least an hour and can be stored up to 5 days.
2. Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices topped with Nuts
- 2 large Red apples
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup caramel Sauce
- Chopped pecans
- Popsicle sticks
How to Make it:
- Slice apples into 1/2″ pieces. Remove seeds, if any. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately.
3. Banana, strawberry n pineapple stick
- 3 Bananas
- 200gm Cored Pineapple
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 cup Dipping Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Chopped Peanuts
- 12 skewers
- Cut strawberries in half.
For each strawberry half, cut an equal size piece of banana and pineapple.
- Place pineapple on first, then banana and lastly strawberry.
Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
Put chopped nuts in small plate to use for dipping.
- Melt chocolate by heating in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip cold fruit in chocolate, then into nuts, then place on prepared tray.
- Arrange on Plate and serve. Best consumed immediately.
4. Pumpkin pie smoothie
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 ice cubes
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve
5. Christmas tree shaped frozen yoghurt
- 500 gm Greek Yogurt
- 3 Kiwi
- 5 Strawberries
- 1 tbsp. Dried Cranberries
How to Make it:
- Thinly slice the kiwis and then, using a tree shaped cookie cutter, cut a tree from each slice.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour the yogurt into the centre of the tray and spread evenly.
- Place the kiwi trees, strawberries and cranberries as desired onto the yogurt.
- Freeze until completely solid
- Cut into sections and serve.
- Place sections into a zip lock bag and store in the freezer, to serve later.