Expecting mums Esha Deol and Soha Ali Khan have THIS one thing in common!
Both the expecting mums are all set to deliver by the end of this year, but there is one more common thread between them. Read on to know!
It's raining babies in Bollywood. Just last week, Soha Ali Khan and husband Kunal Khemu confirmed that they were all set to become parents this year. And days after that announcement, followed another similar 'good news' from Esha Deol and husband Bharat Takhtani.
Both couples are naturally excited and are looking forward to their new roles as parents in the near future.
Good news galore
So while daddy-to-be Kunal confirmed the news to a leading newspaper with an sms that read: "Yes, it's true. Soha and I are very happy to announce a joint production coming later this year - our first child! We feel blessed and thank you all for your good wishes."
Dreamgirl Hema Malini and second-time grandmum made the announcement through her Twitter handle.
She wrote: "Deols & Takhtanis are overjoyed to announce that @Esha_Deol & Bharat are expecting their 1st baby. We thk u all for all ur good wishes."
The naani-to-be is also preparing for the baby at her home, where Esha is staying for the duration of her pregnancy. “Now, Esha is staying with her mother, Hema Malini in her Juhu bungalow and visits her in-laws in Bandra regularly. An excited Hemaji is already planning how to make her room more child-friendly. The baby should arrive towards the year-end," journalist and writer, Ram Kamal Mukherji told a popular entertainment portal.
Expecting mums have THIS special thing in common
Either way, both expecting mums are in the best phase of their lives and in their present state have more than a few things in common. Yes, that's correct.
Apart from the fact that both the new mums have other new mothers to count upon- Soha has Kareena and Esha has her younger sister Ahana; both are also going to give birth to winter babies.
While Esha will give birth sometime in October, Soha is already flaunting her baby bump, making it apparent that she may entering her second trimester and so therefore could deliver around the same time. This also means that the two set of parents will have to prepare their nurseries to cater to the chills during the winter season.
And if you are also going to prepare a nursery for a winter baby in the near future, there are a few things to bear in mind.
5 basics for babies born in the winter season
We spoke to Dr K Ramalingam, Additional Director and Head, Dept of Pediatrics, Fortis Hospital, Noida, to understand the basics winter babies need.
- Clothing: Dress your baby in lightweight, loose-fitting cotton clothing. If required you can also opt for woollen comfortable clothing.
- Outdoors: When going out with your baby in this winter month use socks, mittens and caps to protect them from harsh cold wind. You can have a check if your baby is dressed warmly enough after coming from outside by just touching their toes and belly. The toes should slightly cool and the belly should be warm. If the belly is also cool, your baby is striving hard to warm himself/herself. If the belly and the toes are warm then you have overdressed your little one.
- Moisturiser and lip balm: Babies lose heat in cold atmosphere fast so they are more prone to frostbite. Without doubt we all will be applying moisturiser/body cream for our baby. Before keeping the cream in the palms, rub your hands together to warm them up first. Keep the cream for a few seconds in your palm to warm up to your body temperature and then apply to your baby. Their lips also tend to dry very badly. So don’t forget to apply lip care jelly for babies.
- Massage and bath: During winter months before bath, massage your baby with mustard oil, coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil or any oil of your choice. Out of these, mustard oil is very good for winter as it warms the body. Don’t overdo bath in winter months or let them soak in tub too long. Just give them a quick bath with luke warm water. Heat the bathroom before taking your baby in or just after finishing your bathing session take your baby in so that bathroom remains warm.
- Nappy cream: Especially at night times, apply a good nappy cream before wearing nappy for your baby to prevent irritation.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com