7 super simple post pregnancy exercises
Is the no-time no-energy phase of being a new mom making you slap on weight? Shed the kilos with these simple exercising techniques
The last thing a new mum wants to hear is ‘Wow! This baby sure made you fat!’ Yeah, like which baby doesn’t. Yes, the pregnancy may be through but it has left your belly feeling like a deflated beach ball, your face puffed up and the whole of you looking like a mini asteroid or something of that proportion!
You need to hit the gym pronto but do you really have the time, energy or medical permission for that? Wonderful scenario. So how does a new mom get back into shape?
Remember that post pregnancy exercises need to be done only after at least a month’s break post delivery or, in the case of a C-section, as your doctor advises you. Also, it is very important to begin only with low intensity moderate exercising.
Check out these post pregnancy exercises that will make you go from dummy to yummy mummy.
- Squat: Amazing way to shed the kilos! While you are in the kitchen fixing a meal, simply hold the kitchen platform and squat. Start off with 5 slow squats and then increase the number. Believe me, it’s not as easy as it sounds.
- Walk: To the corner store, to the park, to anywhere that you need to go. It can begin with a leisurely stroll and then move on to a slightly more intense walk. Take your baby out in the stroller or in a baby wrap and walk with him!
- Climb the stairs: Another foolproof way to shrink yourself. Only if you find it too demanding or your destination is way too high, you can walk a couple of floors and then take the elevator.
- Kegel practice: Heard of the Kegel exercises? Well, here’s a variation you can do while sitting or standing. Just pull up your vaginal muscles and release. You can do this as many times you remember to throughout the day. No one will come to know! Great one to get the pelvic area back into shape.
- Suck in your belly: Yes. As simple as that. Suck in your belly and go about doing your work. Of course, you will forget and the deflated ball will get back to its original self, but keep reminding yourself about it. About a month of doing this religiously will throw up results.
- Stretch: Stretching helps immensely. And sideways stretching helps the most in reducing pregnancy belly fat. So get at it whenever you find the time.
- Yoga: It would be best to hire the services of a post-natal yoga instructor who could teach you asanas that will help you shed weight uniformly rather than a sudden dip.
If you wish to add anything to our list of post pregnancy exercises, please share it in the Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com