Doctor Speak: Why you must choose homoeopathy for your baby
theindusparent spoke to leading homoeopathic consultant Dr Vaidehi Ubale and asked her questions on homoeopathy that are on the minds of every Indian mother
All Indian mothers have at least once thought of giving homoeopathic medicines to their kids as they have heard that they have no side effects.
However, it is always wise to get your queries answered by an expert to be on the safer side. But, if you have no one to go to, fret not. We have the expert for you here.
theindusparent spoke with Dr Vaidehi Ubale, PG homoeopathy from London and a consultant homoeopath in Mumbai, and asked her questions on homoeopathy that are on the minds of every mother.
#1 Can homoeopathic medicines be given to small babies ?
First and foremost is the question that is one every mother's mind-- is homoeopathy safe enough to be given to small babies.
"Homoeopathic medicines are safe for everyone, including babies, children, pregnant women & people with serious conditions. Homoeopathic preparations are diluted to such an extreme degree that all toxicity has been removed & there are no unwanted side effects. Hence homoeopathic medicines are absolutely safe," says Dr Ubale.
#2 Do homoeopathic medicines help ease the teething process?
"Yes of course, it helps in teething process as well as in each & every milestone the baby tries to achieve, wants to achieve & then finally achieves. So the homoeopathic medicines maintain harmony in his body as well as he can connect with the environment more easily during the milestones," says Dr Ubale.
Continue reading on the next page to read more about homeopathy and your baby!
"So teething is also one of the milestone. Many babies fall ill before achieving a milestone. So if homoeopathic medicine is given for every problem of the child—be it fever, loose motion or anything else—the baby can achieve his milestones timely & with ease, " she adds.
3) What are the main reasons for parents to choose homoeopathy for their babies?
There are many advantages of using homoeopathic medicines for your kids, says Dr Ubale. Here are some of the main reasons why she highly recommends homoeopathy for babies:
- Homoeopathy helps in healing very gently yet rapidly without any side effects.
- Homoeopathy is a natural method of treatment that works in harmony with the immune system & triggers or intensifies the bodies own healing mechanisms.
- Homoeopathy focuses on the whole person considering physical, emotional & mental aspects.
- It is free from side effects & can be used for both acute & chronic conditions.
- It is also a great preventive care as it improves persons resistance to infections & possible illnesses by boosting the immune system & overall health.
- Homoeopathy stimulates the healing power that exists in all of us.
4) Are there really no side effects of homoeopathic medicines ?
It is seen that people blindly take homeopathic medicines as they have heard that they have no side effects. But, do homeopathic medicines really have no side effects?
"Occasionally some people experience a slight worsening of symptoms. This effect will be brief though & is a sign that the body's natural healing energies have started to counteract the illness. After this the symptoms will subside as you regain your health," says Dr Ubale.
Continue reading on the next page to read more about homoeopathy and your baby!
"It is important to note that the small doses prescribed by the homoeopathic doctors only have an effect when a person has a hypersensitivity to the small doses given. If the wrong medicine is given to the person nothing will happen. However if the correct medicine is given the medicine kickstarts the body's defences & the process of healing starts," she adds.
5) What are the things that parents should keep in mind while giving homoeopathic medicines to their babies?
"Parents should keep in mind that they should bring the child along with them to the homoeopath whenever the child encounters any problem. It helps the homeopath to prescribe the right remedy," says Dr Ubale.
Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- The most important thing is that homoeopathic medicines should not be touched by hand. It should be poured in the cap & given directly in the mouth.
- If the child is unable to take the pills or is a small baby, the pills can be diluted in one spoon of water & dispensed.
- Parents should consult the homoeopath before dispensing any homeopathic medicine as only homeopath knows which medicine & what potency of medicine is required to heal your baby.
"Rest assured, homoeopathic medicines have no side effects and are absolutely safe & most holistic for the babies, children & for that matter anyone," she sums up.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com