Funny mum does hilarious reenactments of celebrity parents photos
Do you ever look at celebrity parents photos and think, does parenting really look that way? Chances are, it doesn't. One mum tries to show us the way with her funny reenactments on her Instagram.
Let’s get real for a minute here. Being a mum isn’t glamorous. It’s beautiful and challenging but it’s also hard work. One funny mum knows this and decided to poke fun at celebrity parents photos by recreating them herself with a little help from her family.
Enter Celeste Barber. She’s an Australian actress, writer, comedian, and mum to two sons under the age of six and two teenage stepdaughters.
Normal is awesome
For writer and comedian Barber, the realities of life and parenting is fodder for good entertainment — and celebrity parents photos from Instagram, magazines, and ads are a goldmine of material for her brand of comedy.
“I just wanted to make people laugh,” Barber says. “I like to make fun of myself.”
With the intention to show how far removed these photos are from reality as a mum and an average person, Barber posted her photos to Instagram. Her hilarity-driven Instagram account now has well over a million followers — and counting. According to Barber, she hopes her followers, particularly parents, will realise that “being normal is awesome.”
“It can be pretty hard to just get through a day sometimes,” she says.
“I hope mums get a laugh out of my stuff while doing the washing, cooking dinner, helping with homework, satisfying partners, and necking a cleanskin.”
(For non-Australian readers, “necking a cleanskin” means drinking cheap wine straight from the bottle.)
Celebrity parents photos à la Celeste Barber
Here are just a few of Barber’s funny Instagram reenactments of celebrity parents photos.
1. Who looks that good when they’re cooking while drinking?
2. Getting a massage from your child isn’t as neat as J.Lo and her kid make it out to be.
3. How much milk does Kim K need to shower in it?
4. Holding a baby with waist trainers is tricky with a wiggly baby.
5. How do you hold a baby and a drink without this combination messing you up?
6. Hi Kim, I tried wearing my kid’s swimsuit, too, but it gave me a huge wedgie!
7. We don’t recommend doing your fingernails while getting a cramp.
8. Wow Coco, now that's a mum bod!
9. Kim Kardashian said it’s gonna be fun with a baby on top of me.
10. Can you spot the difference? Neither can I.
11. This is supposed to make me feel good, right?
12. I think Celeste wins this one.
13. Even the baby is distressed.
14. Never thought taking a photo of yourself after your kids come home from school with head lice could be this glamorous.
15. Celeste’s truck is better.
16. Black and white photos really do make everything look better.
17. Let’s play a game of “The Floor is Lava.” I think we know who wins this round.
18. Here comes the wrecking crew.
Republished with permission from: theAsianParent Singapore