Breastfeeding tips: This is how you get your baby to latch on
Watch this video that elaborates the process of latching on easily during breastfeeding
Breastfeeding and latching could be a challenge for both -the baby and the new mother. But it can be made easy by following a few simple steps. Here's what you need to breastfeed your newborn:
- Bring the baby's nose directly to the nose.
- Let his head tip back a little, so his top lip can brush against the nipple. This will also make him open his mouth wider.
- When his mouth is wide open, he will take the breast with his head back and chin leading.
- The baby can then take in a large mouthful of breast and not just the nipple.
- The breast will be drawn deep into his mouth so the nipple will go all the way back to the soft part of his mouth and you won't get sore.
Take a look at this video to better understand the process of breastfeeding.
Remember, there are several benefits of breastfeeding. It is not only the healthiest food for your baby, but it also helps you bond with your baby along with creating a stronger bond.
If you have any insights or comments about the video on breastfeeding your baby, please share them in our Comment box below.