5 easy birthday party snack ideas that will win his heart!
Try these easy birthday party snack ideas for your kiddy parties to make them a sure hit
Planning out a child’s birthday party maybe a cakewalk for some mums. But for some others, it ruffles up more than just a few feathers. But backing out of a birthday celebration is no option for parents as children are highly capable of holding them at gun point when it comes to celebrating birthdays. And more often than not, parents give in.
The cake and decor can be bought out, but what makes a birthday party really special is the homemade birthday food. So for a change, go beyond the frozen fries and make that party a hit with these birthday party snack ideas. These recipes make 4-6 servings. Increase the quantity of ingredients correspondingly as per your guest list.
Lip-smacking birthday party snack ideas
Pizzas are a mum’s saving grace at a kid’s birthday party. Go the mini pizza way as they are more manageable than the big ones.
- 8 ready mini pizza bases or try this base recipe
- 1 cup of pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- A variety of toppings such as olives, corn, chopped capsicum, chopped mushrooms
- Dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Pre-toast the pizza bases over a hot pan. This will ensure the bases cook faster when you grill the pizzas.
- Smear half a teaspoon of pizza sauce or tomato sauce over the bases.
- Arrange the toppings over the layer of sauce. Be careful not to overload the pizza.
- Sprinkle the dried mixed herbs and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 300 degrees on grill in an oven till done. You could even roast the pizzas over a covered pan over a low flame till the cheese melts.
Tip: Go creative with your birthday party snack ideas. You could make a cute face with black olive rings for eyes, a corn kernel for the nose and bell pepper bits for the mouth. You could even get the kids make their own pizza as one of the birthday party activities.
Potato and Cheese Croquettes
You can’t go wrong with potatoes and cheese at a kid’s party. Add this lip-smacking dish to your list of birthday party snack ideas.
- 4 cups potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ½ tsp black pepper powder, freshly ground
- ½ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup bread crumbs for rolling
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli-garlic sauce
- Salt to taste
- Combine the potatoes, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Mix the cheese and the chilli-garlic sauce in a another bowl. Divide this mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a small ball.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression. Place 1 teaspoon of the cheesy filling in the depression and again shape them into cylindrical croquettes.
- Combine the plain flour with 3/4 cup water and mix well, till there are no lumps.
- Dip each croquette in the plain flour-water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame, and deep-fry the croquettes till they are golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve.
Recipe source: Tarla Dalal
Making sandwiches less boring with this fun sandwich sushi recipe.
- 8 slices of bread, crusts removed
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- ½ cup creamed corn
- 1 small carrot, grated
- Keep the bread slices on a flat surface and roll them out with a rolling pin.
- Spread the mayonnaise, creamed corn over the slices leaving about 1cm gap from one edge.
- Now top it up with the rest of the ingredients and roll the slice up tightly.
- Cover the rolls with some cling wrap and refrigerate before serving.
- Once you remove the wrap, slice a roll into three pieces.
Tip: Experiment with your own sandwich fillings for more birthday party snack ideas.
Kids love the whole concept of biting into food on a stick. This paneer satay recipe will change the way your little guests will perceive birthday party snack ideas.
- 500 grams paneer, cut lengthwise of 1 inch thickness
- an inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Large toothpicks
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Now add the paneer and toss gently to coat the marinade around it.
- Let the paneer marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Roast the pieces on a stove top grill or in an oven at 200 degrees.
- Now, place the paneer pieces on the preheated skillet and roast it until it is evenly browned. Keep drizzling some of the marinade as the paneer is roasting, so it absorbs more flavour.
- Mount the paneer pieces over long toothpicks and serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Recipe source: Archana’skitchen
Fun Vegetable Cutlet
Cutlets and patties are excellent birthday snack ideas. Just resist your urge of going overboard with too many types of veggies when you make these for a party.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (green peas, carrots, corn)
- 2 tablespoons green coriander, chopped
- 2 finely chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Once cooked, drain the water and allow them to cool. Peel off the skin and mash.
- Steam the chopped vegetables. Squeeze the vegetables to take the excess water out and pat dry.
- Mix all the ingredients together; adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water to the maida to make a batter and keep aside.
- With oiled hands, divide the mixture into equal parts.
- Shape into flat round patties about 1 inch thick.
- Dip each patty in the flour batter, and roll the patty in breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
- Fry a few cutlets at a time until they are golden-brown on both sides.
- Repeat this until all the cutlets are done.
Tip: Cut the cutlets out into different shapes with the help of cookie cutters for a more ‘wow’ look.
Source: Manjula’s kitchen
Would you like to share more birthday party snack ideas with us? Please share in the Comment box below.