Is newly married Bipasha Basu already talking about getting pregnant?
"I wish people would respectfully leave these major life decisions to us," said Bipasha Basu while addressing her pregnancy rumours
Just as soon as a couple gets married, they are bombarded with questions about their next 'obvious' step. "When are you giving us the 'good news'?" they are usually asked. But it isn't just regular people who go through this, famous names, it seems, are no exception.
In fact, it's even more arduous for them, given their very public lives. And the latest couple to get embroiled in the speculation is the newly married Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover.
Rumours that the couple is expecting their first child have been doing the rounds for the past few days. It has also been reported that the couple made several visits to a gynae-obstetrician over the past one month, adding fuel to the gossip.
Bipasha finally reveals
But now all these rumours can take a hike because Bipasha Basu has finally revealed the truth! Speaking to the media, she shared her piece of mind about these rumours and quelled them with a blatant answer.
She reportedly said, "I wish people would respectfully leave these major life decisions to us. Absolutely untrue rumors."
While her stern reply will quash the speculations for now, this is not the first time that the couple has been asked an impending pregnancy.
Bipasha was first asked by Raj Kundra
Just months after their wedding in April, their close friend Raj Kundra directly asked Basu about the same.
In response to her tweet wishing Shilpa Shetty Kundra's son Viaan Raj on his fourth birthday, Raj asked: “Thanks so much he (Viaan) wants to know when you guys giving him a friend??”
To which Basu replied: "Not anytime soon. For now we are his friends.”
The 37-year-old actor made it amply clear that she wasn't ready to embrace motherhood just yet. But when she does decide to take the plunge, she will have to be extra cautious during pregnancy, given that she is nearing 40 soon.
Continue reading to see the few things that Bipasha Basu, 37, would be required to do once she is pregnant!
Getting pregnant after 35
If Bipasha and Karan decide to take the next step and become parents, they will both have to be extra careful. Needless to say, pregnancy after 30 is not difficult if one is healthy, but with just a few things in mind, it can also be made a joyful time for the expecting mother.
We at Indusparent spoke to Dr Nupur Gupta,
"Age is important factor for getting pregnant. But if a woman is following a healthy diet, regular exercise & healthy lifestyle then after 35 years of age also, she may carry pregnancy successfully," says Dr Gupta, adding that there are eight prominent health issues that women in such an age group must consider while trying.
Risks involved in late pregnancies
She lists them as following:
- Fertility problems
- High blood pressure
- Placenta previa
- Premature birth
- A baby with a genetic disorder or other birth defects
Prenatal tests women over 35 years must undertake
Dr Gupta also says that while it is possible to get pregnant post 35 years of age and it is something many urban educated women are now opting for, they must do so while undergoing important prenatal tests such as these listed below:
- Amniocentesis: This prenatal test aims to detect risk of Down syndrome, sickle cell disease, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, Tay-Sachs, and similar diseases.
- Nuchal translucency screening: It is also called the NT or nuchal fold scan, this non-invasive test
- MaterniT-21 Plus test: This new blood test is done as early as 10 weeks into the pregnancy (weeks before more invasive tests like amniocentesis) and can detect Down syndrome and other chromosome abnormalities, including trisomy 18, 13, and sex chromosome abnormalities.
- Chorionic Villi Sampling (CVS): It is also used to detect birth defects, genetic diseases, and other problems during pregnancy.
- Ultrasound study: This is the regular ultrasound scans that all women undergo before, during and after their pregnancy
"If a woman wants to be pregnant after 35 then make conscious healthy choices. Taking care of yourself is the best thing to healthy outcome," she says as she lists a set a checklist all women in this age group must follow for a healthy pregnancy.
- Do visit to gynaecologist to discuss the overall issues and to correct any pre-existing diseases.
- Seek regular prenatal care. "Regular prenatal visits help your health care provider monitor your health and your baby's health. Mention any signs or symptoms that concern you. Talking to your health care provider is likely to put your mind at ease," she says.
- Start to eat a healthy diet and gain weight wisely, which means one must not eat for two.
- Do regular physical activity to stay fit, healthy, active and energetic.
- Avoid intake of alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs are off-limits during pregnancy.
- Clear any medications or supplements with your health care provider ahead of time.
- Learn about prenatal testing for chromosomal abnormalities.
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com