What to keep in mind when bathing your baby?
Presented by Baby Dove
The very thought of bathing your baby for the first time can make you think of a dozen things that could go wrong. Bath time can be a tricky part, especially if you are a first time mum. But Mum, it is possible to transform this daunting task into a beautiful bonding experience with your baby. Take a look.
Bathing your baby for the first time: useful tips
First things first, Mum. Make sure that throughout the bathing process your grip on your little one is firm enough. We are talking about baby oil, baby wash, baby shampoo and other such products that make your hands as well as your baby’s body slippery. So be careful when handling your munchkin around a bathing area; especially if you are bathing your baby for the first time.
Here are some essential tips that will help you prepare beforehand, so that your full attention is only on your baby.
Don’t skip the massage when bathing your baby for the first time
A soothing massage before bath can help your little one in many ways. Your baby’s skin loses moisture 5 times faster. And that’s why moisturizing their skin is so crucial. You can use Baby Dove’s range of products that are hypoallergenic, pedia tested, free from added parabens, dyes and sulphates and hence completely safe to be used on babies.
So, how to manage that baby massage like a pro?
Gather the massaging essentials. You will need baby oil and wet wipes. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Oil is not only hypoallergenic and non-sticky but it also keeps your baby’s skin soft and moisturised all day. Baby Dove Wet Wipes are one of the best options available for your baby.
- Once you are ready with your baby massage essentials, choose a comfortable and safe spot.
- Lay out all the essentials at an accessible distance from you but away from the baby.
- Rub a little Baby Dove Rich Moisture Oil between your palms and start massaging your baby in a gentle manner.
- Use flat and sideway hand movements to massage your little one’s chest, stomach, and back.
- Clean up excess oil or any mess using Baby Dove Wet Wipes.
Bathing your little one
Lay out all the essentials beforehand. Once you bring your baby to the bathing area, you cannot leave them alone. So, ensure that you are fully prepared before you bring your munchkin for the bath.
Start with post bath essentials. Keep these arranged in your baby’s room so that you don’t have to run around looking for these after bathing your baby.
So, these are a few things you’ll need after the bath.
- Baby brush or comb for older babies
- Baby lotion like Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Lotion
- Diapering essentials like diapers, diaper disposal bags, Baby Dove Rich Moisture Diaper Rash Cream, and Baby Dove Rich Moisture Wet Wipes
- Baby’s clothes
- A cotton sheet or ready made swaddle for swaddling your baby
Here’s a quick checklist of what you will need in the bathing area
- A tub with lukewarm water
- A cup for pouring the water
- Gentle baby bar or baby wash like Baby Dove Rich Moisture Bar or Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Wash
- Baby shampoo like Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Shampoo
- A towel or washcloth to wipe your baby
- Some cotton balls for cleaning your baby’s eyes and ears
- A few of your baby’s favourite bath toys
Once you are done prepping up, start with the bath
- Lay your baby in the tub. Keep their head above the water. Start pouring water on them gently. Cover the eyes and nose when pouring water on head and face.
- Then start cleansing your little one. Be gentle and choose appropriate baby products. Unlike other baby products, Baby Dove cleansing range is mild and gentle on your baby’s skin and helps maintain the skin moisture.
- Wash your baby’s hair with Baby Dove shampoo.
- Clean your baby’s eyes and ears carefully. Baby Dove products are tear free but it is important to still be cautious when washing your little one’s eyes.
- Once done, wrap your little one in a sheet and carefully pick them up.
After you are done bathing your baby dry them carefully. Apply Baby Dove Rich Moisture Lotion that helps in locking the moisture inside your baby’s skin. Before diapering your baby, do apply Baby Dove Rich Moisture Diaper Rash Cream.
Bathing can make your little one sleepy. So, allow them to slip into slumber by maintaining silence and quiet in their room.
You can find out more about Baby Dove here.