Shocking! Superstitious Odisha mother kills 4-year-old daughter to ward off evil!
In the middle of the night, she took her daughter out of the house, pierced her heart and drank her blood.
Incredible India never fails to take our breath away with the beauty. It's the mentality and some beliefs of a few who ruin the countries' name.
In a shocking incident, a mother from Odisha was made to believe that killing her 4-year-old daughter and drinking blood from her heart, would bring an end to all her miseries and bless her with fortunes.
In the middle of the night, she took her daughter out of the house, pierced her heart and drank her blood. Later she strangled the little one and threw her into the well as reported by India Today. The mother has now been taken into custody by the local cops.
Since centuries, India has been fighting beliefs and fears. The rise of any superstition has only 2 bases, scientific/ logical reasoning behind it or just to instill fear.
Like in earlier days, people were warned to walk under a baniyan tree at night, the real reason being that the tree gives out carbon-dioxide at night instead of oxygen and is bad for health. Similarly, people were not allowed to cut nails at night, the real reason being that there used be no electricity and one could end up hurting self with low light and visibility.
Even though we have managed to let go a lot of baseless superstitions in India, there are a few that still exists amongst the educated us. Here's a list of 13 commonly heard/seen.
1. Stop and let someone else cross the road if a black cat crosses your path
2. Breaking of glass brings in bad luck
3. Do not sweep after sunset
4. Do not cut your nails or hair on a Saturday
5. Do not enter the kitchen during your periods
6. Falling of a lizard on the head is auspicious
7. If a mirror breaks, it brings in 7 years of bad luck
8. If your eye is twitching, something is about to happen
9. If your palm is scratching a lot, then you are about to get a lot of money
10. Applying Kala teeka will ward off the evil spirits
11. If you bite your tongue by mistake, someone is abusing you somewhere
12. Keep a small knife under the pillow to avoid nightmares
13. Omit the number 13 as it is considered to be unlucky along with the number 8
If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the article, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com