Connecting you to everyone you need to help raise your child.
Yoga is a boon India has given to the world. Yoga has the power to keep your body healthy, energetic and free of disease.
It is very important to make your child practice yoga right from his childhood years as it improves immunity, increases concentration and contributes in the well being of your child.
Here are 5 yoga asanas for your kids that will benefit them in more ways than you can imagine.
This is the best possible asana for your child during his/her growing years. This asana helps the child in achieving a perfect posture and also increases their height. Practicing this asana will also helps him maintain a better posture
How to do
1. Stand up straight, with your big toes touching each other and heels slightly apart. Lift your toes and gently sway back and forth.
2. Gradually decrease the swaying and stand on the tip of your toes balanced evenly and straight. Hold this position for 30-60 seconds, practice deep breathing while in this pose.
It is very important to release stress from your child’s mind and body. The child’s pose helps in stretching the lower back, hip and thigh muscles of the body, which helps in alleviating stress and also calms the mind.
How to do>
1. Kneel down on the floor with your toes touching together. Sit back on your heels, and keep your knees hip-width apart.
3.Exhale and bring your chest to rest on top of your thighs.
4. Stretch your arms out in front of you or tuck them in by your sides.
5.Relax and breathe deeply, holding this pose for 30 seconds.
Concentration and focus in a child is something that every parent dreams of. Natrajasana will help boost focus, balance and concentration of your child. It will also help strengthen his legs. Make your child practice this Yoga Asana everyday for better focus and concentration of mind.
How to do
1.From a standing position, shift your weight to your right foot while reaching back to find the inside of your left ankle with your left hand.
2. Keeping your body facing front, begin lifting your left foot and leg and extend your right arm forward. Hold for 10 counts.
3. Repeat on the other side. You can also practice this pose by holding a wall or a chair for better support.
Every child needs strength to carry out physical activities and play sports. This asana will help increase the strength of the legs, back and upper body of a child. It will help the child carry out physical activities with ease and prevent them any muscle tear. Up your child’s physical strength by making them practice this easy asana daily!
1.Bend your knees as if you are sitting on a chair. Extend your arms towards the ceiling with the palms facing each other. Keep your back as flat as possible. Hold for 10 counts and repeat.
It is said that if you are breathing right, then you are living right! Improving the breathing habits of your child right from the beginning will prevent keep them away from diseases. Also, breathing right will help your child stay calm under stressful situations and increase their concentration. This asana will improve the breathing pattern and concentration of your child .
1. Lay down on the mat with your palms facing the ceiling. 2. Close your eyes, relax and concentrate on your breathing. You can turn on some calm soothing music. Stay like that for 10 minutes or more.
If you have any thoughts Like us or follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from theIndusparent.com
Sakshi is a freelance writer who specialises in lifestyle and health feature writing. She also loves to read whenever she can catch up on it.